Monday 27 July 2015

Bold Lips & Think Like A Blogger Challenge

So recently, as I scrolled through my reading list, a post by Lily Melrose caught my eye. The 'Think Like a Blogger Challenge'. You can read it here but the general gist is that you just need to use inspiration by looking at the things around you! You don't need to over complicate blogging and that you shouldn't feel like you have to rush out and buy the 'latest' thing, you should just be able to pick out something you've had a long time or that you use every day. This is great timing for me because I've been trying to think of blog posts as my blog is finally up and running. So, inspired by the amazing Lily I will be blogging daily for this week only, following up the 'Think Like a Blogger Challenge' and I challenge you to try it too!



Topshop Lips in Black Widow
(no longer available but similar here and here)
Top - Topshop
Recently I went shopping and as I was getting ready to leave the house I discovered a lipstick that I actually got for Christmas last year and I've never had the confidence to wear. I felt like it was actually too dark for me and it was too bold(Now I think is there such a thing? Be as bold as you like). Reluctantly, I slapped it on with the rest of my makeup and I suddenly felt really good about myself. I was surprised how good my lips looked for such a daring colour that was completely out of my comfort zone. Say what you like but there's something about a lipstick that just makes you feel good. I personally am not really one for all these bright/hot pinks as it's not really me, but this deep dark purple was perfect. I wore it with a really simple outfit and I actually felt great all day and it's staying power was pretty damn good. I know you may think purple is more of a winter shade but why not break the boundaries and wear it all year around? I know I'll be using this a lot more this season and in the following ones - I mean why can't you have an all-year-round lipstick?
They may say blondes have more fun, but they're wrong - bold lips have more fun! Give it a try, I dare you.

Let me know what your bold lipstick shade is, comment down below!
Don't be a stranger Twitter // Instagram // Bloglovin'
Have an awesome day and stay tuned for tomorrow's post!
JAZ BISHOP x

6 comments:

  1. this lipstick color looks really great on you! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lipstick!

    Visit me and let me know if you would like to follow each other

    Beba | Foam Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to follow you, I think I've done it now!:) any questions you can email me at jazbishbashbosh@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. The think like a blogger challenge is actually a really good idea. Good luck with posting everyday for a week as well, I was thinking about trying that too. I love this lip colour on you as well, deep purple shades are one of my faves to wear!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it!! Coming up with something new is definitely a challenge but it's all for fun!And thank you!! I've fallen in love with purple lips now! :')
      Jaz x

      Delete