Friday 31 July 2015

Think Like A Blogger Challenge // River Flows in You

As a personal challenge I have decided to learn River Flows in You by Yiruma. I took my ABRSM grade 5 exam this summer and I was SO nervous. I desperately wanted to pass and after I'd already had the stress of 21 other GCSE exams I think the timing was really bad for me. Fortunately, I passed! (yay) For a little while after I think I was a little scared to get back on the piano as I'd been so nervous for my exam and during the waiting period, before I found out, I had convinced myself that I had failed. After that I really didn't want to make any mistakes whilst playing, so I avoided it. Then I realised. Everybody makes mistakes and why does it matter any way, I'm not performing, I'm practicing. I decided not to continue playing my grade 5 pieces as I didn't need to and also it would be quite annoying if I ended up playing it better than I had in my exam, which was almost inevitable.
I needed to take a moment to just stop and be proud of myself for passing my exam. After that it was so easy to rediscover my love for piano. I'd always wanted to learn River Flows in You as it is such a beautiful song but I'd always pictured it as really difficult. Now that I am a grade 5 pianist I feel that it is much more comfortable for me to learn - although I must admit my sight reading isn't the best!
I think it's really good to set personal challenges and this is one of mine for the summer, I can''t wait until I can play it fluently!







What are your personal goals/challenges for this summer?


Don't be a Stranger  Twitter // Instagram // Bloglovin'
Hope you have an awesome day!

JAZ BISHOP x

PS. I would like to apologise for the gap in my daily blogging! Yesterday was such a busy day, I had so much on. I had the post typed up, I just hadn't got around to taking the pictures! As an apology I'll add an extra day on the end, so instead of daily blogging until Sunday, I'll carry on until Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment